Young couples have a different perspective on marriage than baby boomers. They’re marrying later and for longer.
Baby boomers are a generation characterised by a tendency to marry young, before continuing to alternate between getting married, and unmarried.
Millennials and Generation X are more selective about their partner of choice. They marry when they are older, when they have more confidence and stability in their education, career and finances.
As a result of this millennial behaviour, the U.S. divorce rate has decreased by 18% from 2008 to 2016, according to a sociology professor, Philip Cohen’s, analysis.
What is the process for Californian divorce?
Unless you qualify for a ‘summary dissolution’, marriage dissolution requires the following steps:
- One spouse files a divorce petition and serves it on the other spouse
- Respondent has 30 days to file response
- Option for one spouse to request temporary court orders by filing for an Order to Show Cause hearing
- ‘discovery’. Spouses engage in discovery; exchange relevant information and documents
- Spouses and attorneys discuss case settlement
- In case of disagreement of any case issues, a trial will take place
- Parties sign Marital Settlement Agreement, or after conclusion of trial, an attorney will prepare Judgment of Dissolution of Marriage. Judgment is filed and court mails a Notice of Entry of Judgment to each attorney.
If you’re getting a divorce, call Vincent Miller on (213) 948-5702 for expert advice.
Saved as a favorite, I love your blog!
my webpage; blog3006
I’m not that much of a internet reader to be
honest but your sites really nice, keep it up! I’ll go
ahead and bookmark your website to come back in the future.
I needed to thank you for this excellent read!!
I definitely loved every bit of it. I have you book-marked to look
at new things you post…